SOUTH KOREA SOUNDS ALERT AFTER OFFICIAL WEBSITES HACKED

Fox News on June 24, 2013, published an AFP report that South Korea issued a cyber attack alert after hackers apparently penetrated a number of official websites, including the presidential Blue House, the science ministry said.

“The government can confirm a cyber attack by unidentified hackers that shut down several sites including the Blue House,” the ministry said in a statement, adding that the five-stage national cyber alert had been raised from level one to two.

The ministry statement did not speculate on who might be responsible. Investigations into several recent large-scale cyber assaults on South Korean media groups and financial institutions concluded that they originated in North Korea.

A number of posts left on the hacked sites claimed to be the work of the global “hacktivist” group Anonymous and included messages praising North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un.

Advertisements

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: